2021 General Conference Social Media Policy
AME CHURCH GENERAL CONFERENCE SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
The AME Church permits and encourages the use of social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and blogging at the 2021 General Conference to summarize, highlight, and promote the exhibitors and conference in general. Due to the sensitive nature of the deliberations at the 2021 General Conference, we request that attendees do not stream or record the Business Sessions (including the election).
We encourage participants at the General Conference to:
– Follow us on Twitter (@AMENews – https://twitter.com/AMEnews) and
AME Church Official
– Subscribe to the Daily General Conference news emails through The Christian Recorder: https://www.thechristianrecorder.com
– Use the hashtags #IamAME and #AMECGC2021 on all social media posts
– Blog, post, and tweet about the Worship Services and Special Events
– Share photographs and short video through the GC2020 Meeting App or the social media pages
– Use the GC2020 Meeting App to provide feedback for individual activities
– Provide feedback by taking the General Conference survey
The General Conference is a religious meeting and comments, expressions, and other postings on social media referring to the meeting on official AME pages or using the official hashtag should be honest and respectful of others in keeping with the Christian nature of the AME Church. We reserve the right to delete or report posts that are deemed inappropriate or offensive.
Rev. Dr. Jeffery B. Cooper
African Methodist Episcopal Church