‘Know Before You Go’ Highlights
51st Quadrennial Session of the AME Church General Conference
‘Know Before You Go’ Highlights
When preparing to travel to Orlando, don’t forget to:
- Bring and take your medication as prescribed. Wear your emergency bracelet if you have one. Keep the contact information of your healthcare provider and pharmacy with you
- Bring your masks and other preferred PPE
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing. Also, bring a jacket or sweater for air-conditioned rooms.
Health and Safety:
- Attendees will be required to comply with General Conference (GC) safety protocols including daily temperature checks, wearing face masks, physical distancing of at least six feet, and handwashing/sanitizing.
- Attendees must have proper credentials to enter an assigned meeting room.
- If you have food allergies, bring your emergency medication (Epi-Pen and antihistamine). Ask what is in the food before you eat. Do not try unfamiliar food and do not eat food you know to which you are allergic, e.g., seafood, nuts, or strawberries.
- Healthcare professionals will be in Orlando during both the GC and Connectional Lay Organizational Biennial. They will manage all COVID-19 issues including testing as well as other medical care and health concerns, staff first-aid clinics, and provide telehealth options as needed. There will be a cost for COVID-19 testing.
- If you have a chronic medical condition for which you would like us to be aware, come to the First Aid Clinic as soon as you arrive and provide us with your hotel room number, medical information, and contact information.
- All attendees are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated before arrival.
- Airport: There is no General Conference or hotel-sponsored transportation from the airport to the partner hotels. However, shuttles, taxis, and shared-ride services are available.
- Orange County Convention Center (OCCC)/Partner Hotels: The AME Church is providing complimentary shuttle service between the OCCC and partner hotels not within walking distance. These include the Hilton, Doubletree, Rosen Plaza, and Rosen Inn Pointe. Please see the shuttle schedule at GC Registration.
- Discounted self-parking is available at the partner hotels. Rates vary by hotel be sure to ask for the AME Church group rate.
- Limited valet parking is available at partner hotels with some discounts available. Rates vary by hotel. Be sure to ask for the AME Church group rate.
- Self-parking is strongly recommended.
- Check-in time is 3:00 pm. If a room is available before 3:00 pm, guests will be checked in to a room and provided a room key. If the room is unavailable, guests will be asked for a cell phone number and contacted when the room is ready.
- At check-in, guests will be required to present a credit card for any incidentals charged to the room. A hold will be authorized on the card that will restrict available funds. Guests using a debit card may be asked at check-in to sign a form authorizing the hold. If guests do not provide a card, no charges will be allowed to the room.
- Any unused funds from the authorized hold may take up to five days after check-out to be recognized with your bank.
- To help expedite Registration, please bring your printed or electronic confirmation email which includes your QR code
- Located in the lower level of the OCCC.
July 5: 8:00 am-7:00 pm
July 6: 6:00-7:30 am and 11:00 am-5:30 pm
July 7: 6:30 am-4:30 pm
July 8: 6:30 am-2:30 pm
July 9: 6:30 am-3:00 pm
July 10: 6:00 am-1:00 pm
- All Registrants receive:
- General Conference Badge
- General Conference Bag
- General Conference T-shirt
- Face mask
- Hand sanitizer
- Download the AME GC2020 App to your device(s) for the most current GC information before arrival.
- Regularly access the App for:
- Real-time updates to the agenda
- Restaurant information with menus and pricing
- Information on scooters, registration, transportation, and facility
- Links to downloadable documents such as daily minutes
- The link to download the app is posted on the AME Church website
The AME Church permits and encourages the use of social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and blogging at the GC to summarize, highlight, and promote our event. Use the hashtags #IamAME and #AMECGC2021 on all posts. Due to the sensitive nature of business deliberations, attendees are asked not to stream or record the Business Sessions (including the election).
It is necessary to reserve and pay in advance for scooter rentals. For more information, visit https://scootaround.com/en/amec-51st-quadrennial-session-of-the-general-conference-37th-biennial-convention-of-the-connectional-lay-organization.
Travel safely. We look forward to seeing you soon